Monday, January 23, 2012

This isn't going to be long, because quite frankly, I shouldn't be on here in the first place.  I just had to spout out my opinion on those parents that feel the need to drug their children before they go to the dentist.  Don't get me wrong, I completely empathize with those parents whose children go into a downward spiral of panic when anything that sounds even remotely like a dentists drill is in their vicinity.  However, there is a rising occurrence of parents that take their kids to dentists who offer laughing gas for everything from cleanings to tooth extractions.  Am I wrong in thinking kids need to learn how to deal with the anxiety and repercussions of their actions, in this case a cavity? Seriously, if you knock little Johnny out every time he has to face the repercussions of his actions-or lack of dental hygiene- he will be a veritable Sleeping Beauty through his teen years and college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and/or respectful.