Friday, March 29, 2013

An Interview with the Delightful Delilah S.Dawson


Today I am SO EXCITED to bring you an interview with the lovely and talented Delilah S. Dawson!!!





I know *I* can't wait to get my hands on the next adventure in Sang!  So I guess I should stop fangirling and get on with the interview.

1. How many books and novellas do you plan to write in the world of Sang? 
So far, the world of Sang includes three books, three e-novellas, and one short story in the CARNIEPUNK anthology out this July with Gallery books. I'm always open to more, though, and especially hope I'll get a chance to finish Criminy and Tish's story from WICKED AS THEY COME, which was left just the tiniest bit open.

Books: WICKED AS THEY COME, WICKED AS SHE WANTS (April 30, 2013), WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT (2014)
E-novellas: THE MYSTERIOUS MADAM MORPHO, THE PECULIAR PETS OF MISS PLEASANCE, THE DAMSEL AND THE DAGGERMAN (2014)
Short story: THE THREE LIVES OF LYDIA





2. Do you have any actors or models that inspired you for this book?

Ooh, yes! THE PECULIAR PETS OF MISS PLEASANCE was entirely based on the idea of Thor in a kilt. With a Scottish accent. The rest of the story grew to accommodate that concept. Frannie is based on Jewel Staite of Firefly, and Casper is a mash-up of Brad Pitt as Louis in Interview with the Vampire and Matthew McConnaughey. There's a Pinterest board with pics here: http://pinterest.com/delilahsdawson/the-peculiar-pets-of-miss-pleasance/ 





3. What was the last book you read and loved?
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare completely ripped me apart-- like, I ugly-cried all day. I adore her world and writing, and it was truly the perfect ending to the Infernal Devices series. Now I'm working on Dead Things by Stephen Blackmoore, which couldn't be more different but has totally grabbed me by the throat. 




4. You're about the coolest person I've met on the interwebz. You climb trees in heels, constantly match wits with Chuck Wendig, and I'm fairly certain you're really a long-lost Russian Czaress. No question I just wanted to put that out in the world.
Nicest. Compliment. Ever! Thank you! One day, I'll have a lightsaber fight in heels with Cherk, and then the internetz will implode. 




5. Have you ever fangirled over anyone? If so, who was it?
Uh, I fangirl over people and things all the time. I had to be physically restrained from climbing the barrier at the NYC Harry Potter exhibit because I wanted to ride Buckbeak. I am so full of enthusiasm it's kind of embarrassing. Oh, and my pal James Tuck had to drag me by the arm to meet Norman Reedus at a con bar once. It was awesome. Ooh, and once Andre Benjamin was in the booth behind me while I ate an omelet! 




6. What is the next project you're working on?
I just wrapped up a huge edit on my first YA, a creepy paranormal called SERVANTS OF THE STORM that will be out next year with Simon Pulse. Next up is finishing the third Blud book, WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT, which is a Sangish trip to the Moulin Rouge.



Thanks so much for having me, darling! 


Thanks! I can't wait to read the next installment of awesomeness!!!

And to you my readers, yes all 14 of you. I urge you all to snap up WICKED AS THEY COME, THE MYSTERIOUS MADAME MORPHO and THE PECULIAR PETS OF MISS PLEASANCE. Now. Enjoy your reading, and try to behave yourselves until next time!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Interview. Love Delilah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kind of want to be like her when I grow up. ;)

      Delete
  2. GOTTA GO, MY FANDOM NEEDS ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* I thought that was a pretty fabulous GIF. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Please be kind and/or respectful.