Saturday, May 11, 2013

Seleste DeLaney's CLOCKWORK MAFIA Release!!!!




All right, lovely lady! Fist things first, you're purdy and I thought you should know. Okay awkward statement has passed. let's keep it there. *ahem* 

Seleste: Thank you! And we won’t leave it. I have a sister who, when her friends see my pictures on Facebook and ask who I am, says, “That’s my sister, and this is what she really looks like.” So I never ignore compliments now. Muah!



Okay. I think I'm okay now. Moving on...


1) For those new to you what kind of books do you write? 
I write…a lot. LOL.
Seriously though, I have an urban fantasy series (Blood Kissed), I’m one of the authors in a multi-author/shared-world contemporary romance with paranormal elements series (That’s a mouthful. It’s much easier to just call it Cupid’s Conquests.) I have a quirky action-romance series (For Keeps—first book releases June 10!) and an untitled Brazen series coming from Entangled Publishing. Oh, and my steampunk romance series (Badlands), of course J





2) How long have you been writing? 
All my life? To answer the real question there, I first started (slowly) to get serious about my writing in 2007. It took a few years before I wrote something that was considered publishable though.




3) Who are your favorite authors that inspire you?
First and foremost, Kelley Armstrong. She pushed me along most steps of my writing journey. My critique partner, the amazing Katee Robert. Where Kelley wasn’t around to push, Katee took over. She also inspires me with regard to life. A trio of other authors I think are amazeballs are: Hannah Moskowitz, Tiffany Reisz, and Allison Pang.






4) Your new book CLOCKWORK MAFIA  looks incredible! What was your inspiration for it?
LOL My actual inspiration was that when Badlands came out, people demanded more. Seriously, as an author, I do pay attention when my readers speak. I can’t (and won’t try to) make everyone happy, but “more” I can usually manage. From there, I looked at Badlands and thought about which woman’s story had to come next. Because of the events in that first novella, I knew it had to be Henrietta. That meant examining how she connected to everything and the “unkillable” army was born.




5) Will there be any more books in this series?
Editor-gods willing, yes! I have two more books planned (Mahala and Laurette). I just need my brave and trusting editor to take them on. Seriously though, one way or another, the series will be finished. After all, I hereby solemnly swear I am up to no good. ;-)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and giving us some insight into your awesome! 









P.S. SQUEEE HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY!!!




For more info on Seleste check out her website.




Go forth and buy BADLANDS and of course you need to buy CLOCKWORK MAFIA so you don't have to skip a beat between each delicious book!



Thank you again, Seleste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and/or respectful.